Russian Beef Stroganoff
Russian beef stroganoff is a classic dish that has been enjoyed for many years. It’s a hearty and flavorful meal that is perfect for a cozy dinner party. The dish originated in Russia in the 19th century and has since become popular all over the world.
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, sliced thinly
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Egg noodles for serving
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add the sliced beef and cook until browned on both sides. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of butter to the skillet and sauté the onions and garlic until softened. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until they have released their juices and are browned.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the skillet and sprinkle the flour over the vegetables. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the beef broth to the skillet, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the sour cream and Dijon mustard. Seas